- We recognize and credit the contributions of other and are sensitive to their motivations and feelings.
- We treat people with dignity and show patience, tolerance, and concern for all.
- We act with humility, are mindful of demands we make on others, and strive to be responsive to their requests.
- Excellence is our goal in everything we do.
- We strive to exceed expectations and continuously improve processes, programs, and services.
- We set the standard for other organizations and lead by example.
DO THE RIGHT THING
- Our actions and intentions reflect and reinforce the highest moral and ethical standards even if they involve risk or conflict.
- We demonstrate the courage to present and hear the truth in an appropriate manner and take personal responsibility to insure our troop and their families receive the support they deserve.
- The troops’ needs and interests are our top priority.
- Our decisions are based on what is best for troops and their families, and we strive to inspire support for our service men and women.
- We act in the best interest of sustained achievement of the USO mission.
- We honor our commitments and are good stewards of USO resources.
- We take responsibility for our actions, admit mistakes, and build trust by being honest, fair, responsive, and consistent.
- We work with a sense of urgency to fulfill the USO mission.
- We maintain a spirit of thankfulness and appreciation toward those we support and those who provide support.
- We embrace and encourage a spirit of volunteerism.
- Our agile and adaptable work environment allows us to find better ways to perform work and provide services and support.
- We are flexible and proactive and always encourage original thinking.
- We build strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
- We involve others in our plans and decisions, maintain a positive and inclusive work climate, and make optimum use of the inputs of others.
- We provide candid, constructive feedback in the interest of improving operations, programs, and services.
- We encourage, recognize, and celebrate the success of all people and organizations that provide quality support to troops and their families.